How to Make Low Carb Chicken Satay Kebabs Video

Delicious Low Carb Chicken Satay Kebabs

Another great recipe success from Michael Mosley’s 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet book. Having succeeded in lowering my blood sugar levels from diabetic type 2 down to pre-diabetic levels, I’m a great believer in the Low Carb philosophy. My sister was recently diagnosed as borderline too and following the low carb high protein diet, she’s also reduced her levels significantly in just a few weeks.

With great recipes like this, you simply don’t feel like you’re missing out on great tasting food. My hubby who’s not diabetic or overweight happily eats the same food as me – in fact he’s really happy because we now have a much more varied and tasty diet than we did previously.

Why not give it a go… Scroll down to the video below – irresistible!

Recipe – Serves 2
  • 2 skinless chicken breasts – chopped into about 10-12 pieces for each breast
  • 1 garlic clove – crushed
  • 1/2 red chilli deseeded and chopped
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 4-6 wooden skewers soaked in water
Satay Sauce
  • 1 dessertspoon coconut oil (the original recipe said 2 tablespoons but I found that it was too much)
  • 2 spring onions, diced
  • 1 garlic love, crushed
  • 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
  • 3 tbsp peanut butter (I used smooth)
  • 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (I didn’t use this and it was fine without so the choice is yours…)
  • 100 ml coconut milk

Method:

• Cut each chicken breast into about 10 chunks
  • Make marinade by mixing the garlic, chilli, soy sauce and coconut oil in a bowl.
  • Toss in the chicken pieces and make sure they’re well coated in the marinade.
  • Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate – overnight preferably but for at least 2 hours.
  • When you’re ready to cook the chicken, add about 4-5 chunks to each skewer, season with salt and pepper and cook under a hot grill (or on a barbecue) for around 15 minutes – keep turning them over every 4-5 minutes.
  • In the meantime, prepare the satay sauce by frying the spring onions, garlic and chilli for 3-4 mins, then add in the peanut butter (and fish sauce – optional).
  • Keep stirring for a couple of minutes then transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the coconut milk and blend to a smooth paste. Add a splash of soy sauce (to taste).

I served mine with salad to stick to the low carb and hubby had his with salad and pitta bread.

Enjoy – Scrumptious!!!

What do you think – watch the video and be tempted…

Low Carb has worked for me but please see your GP for medical guidance if required...

• Wendy
      May 16, 2018 / 1:14 pm

How lovely – thanks Arlene! xx

1. May 15, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Definitely tempted … that looks delish and the video is really well constructed. As you know I have been absent for several weeks whilst I effected a rather major move. Now that I am settled it is a pleasure to be able to dip back into the blog-pool and over time I will catch up with all I have missed. And of course, write some of my own too, though that may be construed as a threat rather than a delight 😉 I want to thank you so much, Wendy for being there when I really needed constructive support as I spiralled into fear and anxiety about what was to follow. I did exactly as instructed by my Mary Sister and hey presto bongo … nothing was as bad as I thought it would be and I am embracing this exciting new chapter in my life. You really are a total star. xx

• Wendy
      May 15, 2018 / 10:29 pm

How lovely Osyth and fellow Mary! I’m trying to do some catching up too although my reasons for being ‘off piste’ aren’t quite so adventurous – just struggling to fit work and blogging together. I’m delighted you’re now embracing your new adventure and I can’t wait to read all about it …. in due course. Hey I’m glad you like the video too! Onward and Upward Osyth and beautiful Saint Mary.. xx

• May 16, 2018 / 2:10 pm

Life challenges, no matter what they are, are hills to climb and balls to juggle …. you seem to be doing very well with both Mrs Mary! xx

• Wendy
          May 16, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I’ve dropped a few balls but they’re bouncing back up – thanks to the patience and support of some lovely blogging buddies… definitely one called Mary! xx

• May 16, 2018 / 6:28 pm

🙂 xx

• Wendy
      May 15, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Thanks Brigid – me too and it was easy to make too which is always a bonus! xx

2. May 15, 2018 / 1:26 pm

Looks delish Wendy and so easy. 🙂

• Wendy
      May 15, 2018 / 2:37 pm

It is Miri – easy, very tasty and healthy too what could be better! xx

3. May 15, 2018 / 12:29 pm

Yum! 🙂

• Wendy
      May 15, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Thanks! Seriously scrumptious… I hope you’re well?

• May 15, 2018 / 12:48 pm

Fine thank you 🙂 Hope you are too!

• Wendy
          May 15, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Fabulous – glad you’re both well and I’m enjoying life too! xx