Low Carb Lasagne Recipe
Oh my goodness… I decided it was time for a new Low Carb Recipe so out came the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book for some inspiration.
It didn’t take me long to decide on the Low Carb Lasagne Recipe. However, it’s well known amongst my family that I simply can’t stick to a recipe and I have to add the Brilliance Within touch, so here’s my variation and if I say so myself, this was DELICIOUS. Me and hubby both had 2nd helpings and there was some left over for me to eat the next day for lunch – it was even tastier!!
Scroll down to watch the video and here’s my adaptation of the Low Carb Lasagne Recipe. Great if you’re controlling Type 2 Diabetes with your diet like me! You can also see some of the other recipes I’ve tried under the Health & Fitness tab https://brilliancewithin.com/category/low-carb-recipes/
- Chop and de-seed 1 x red pepper
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 250g of chopped mushrooms
- Broccoli rice (I bought pre-done pack from Morrisons supermarket)
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- Mixed herbs (I used Italian style)
- 1 jar of red pesto
- tomato passata – gosh not sure exactly how much but probably about 250 ml’s – just so the sauce wasn’t too dry…
Separately – slice an aubergine into pieces approx 0.5 cm thick – you may need another half aubergine depending on the size – you need enough to create 2 layers
Creamy White Sauce
Tub Marscopone cheese & 5 oz carton of double cream mixed together and then stir in some grated cheddar cheese (to taste) and about half teaspoon nutmeg and salt (to taste).
- Fry the onion until it starts to brown – keep stirring so it doesn’t burn
- Add the chopped garlic, peppers, large chopped tomatoes, broccoli rice, chopped mushrooms and fry for a few minutes – keep stirring
- Add the mixed herbs, the jar of red pesto and then add some tomato passata to add some moisture to the sauce but don’t make it too watery.
- Simmer on the hob for 5 minutes or so.
- Add a layer of the vegetable sauce into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of aubergine and then cover with some of the creamy white sauce.
- Add another layer of the vegetable sauce, another layer of aubergine and finish with a layer of creamy white sauce.
- Grate a bit more cheddar cheese over the top and add the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Cook in the oven on medium temperature (around 200 degrees Celsius or gas mark 5) for around 30-40 minutes.