Oh dear… back to reality
After a wonderful holiday at Villa Don Ricardo, Competa, Spain. I thought I’d been so ‘good’ trying hard to stick to ‘low carb’ healthy eating whilst we were away.. with just a ‘few treats’ and the ‘odd glass’ of vino.
However, the ‘scales’ this morning have highlighted that my ‘perception’ of ‘being good’ was clearly NOT the reality!!!
At the start of my holiday, I was relatively ‘happy’ with my holiday snaps…
BUT – by the END of our holiday, whilst my family look amazing, the ‘extra baggage’ around my chin doesn’t look quite so good….. the camera doesn’t lie!!!
I’ve put on 7 pounds so I’ve decided it’s time to GET TOUGH and lose that ‘excess baggage’ plus a few extra pounds.
I’ve set myself a 3 month target to lose 21 pounds within 3 months.
I’m using SMART Goal Setting techniques to ensure my goal is:
- Specific – to lose 21 pounds
- Measurable – I know my ‘start weight’ and can therefore measure my progress weekly to see how I’m ‘measuring up’…
- Achievable – 21 pounds is achievable and I’ve broken it down into monthly targets
- Realistic – It is possible to lose 21 pounds – at a maximum of 2.5 pounds per week
- Timely – Breaking down the overall 3 month goal into ‘bitesize’ weekly and monthly targets helps me to feel that this is a reasonable timescale
You can follow my progress and my weekly food plan diary over the next few months in my new Positive Diabetic Healthy Eating Series. I’ll post a weekly food diary, photo’s of my ‘exercise’ progress and some new ‘low carb’ recipes each week..
I’d love to hear from you and to share any new ‘low carb’ recipes if you have any, so please keep encouraging me with your comments below!!
Here’s day 1 of my new Food Diary Plan:
You can check out my ‘Positive Diabetic’ story about how I put Diabetes into remission in my previous post: How to be Positive about a ‘Positive Diabetes Diagnosis!