Manchester 50+ Lifestyle Blogger Chooses Black & Cream As Her London Fashion Theme..

I love a bit of ‘online retail therapy’ and as I’m off to London for a very exciting motivational Andy Harrington ‘Power To Achieve’ event next weekend in our wonderful Capital City of London which along with the dreary weather here in Manchester, seemed like a great excuse to do some ‘on line’ shopping..

After a flick through the new Kaleidoscope Spring Collection, I placed an order for a couple of new outfits to take with me to the Power To Achieve Event in London. (see link to the Event at the bottom of this post..)

I placed my order last night at 10 p.m. and it arrived this morning at 08:30 a.m. How’s that for a quick turnaround? I’d not even had time to put my makeup on before the delivery man was knocking on my door – he got a shock

Yep turn away NOW….

wp_20170111_10_02_38_pro-3

I always get a little sense of excitement unwrapping a bundle of new parcels at home… even though I know what’s in them, it somehow feels like a ‘present’ and trying on clothes at home is definitely much easier than the shop ‘cubicles’…

First though, it’s time to get some make up on…. and with a little help from my granddaughter, after applying moisturiser and some Laura Mercier primer, you can’t beat a bit of Estee Lauders’ Double Wear Foundation, for covering a multitude of sins!

Teamed with some Bobbi Brown translucent powder and a bit of ‘gold shimmer’ which I use for the eyes and a quick brush across the tops of my cheek bones.. Add some blusher and touch of mascara and I’m ‘good to go’… Oh not forgetting the lipstick of course!

For the Andy Harrington Event and my ‘on line’ order, I’d decided to stick with some classic colours so that I can keep my travel bag light and mix and match the tops with the same trousers.. Charcoal, Black and Cream being the theme…

I’ve learned from experience that lugging large cases across London on the Tube is no fun, I’m definitely keeping my bag as light as possible for this trip with some careful mix and matching!

I loved these trousers from Kaleidoscope when I purchased the ‘taupe’ ones previously Fashion Ideas: A Casual Look For a 50+ Manchester Lifestyle Blogger and therefore decided I’d add a ‘charcoal’ pair to my collection!

They are so comfortable to wear, don’t really crease (or they drop out quickly anyway) and can be dressed up or dressed down. They look great with boots or as in the photo below, paired with a pair of stiletto’s – great for a night out!

I decided these would be perfect for sitting throughout the Power To Achieve Event run by the great motivational speaker, Andy Harrington, which runs over 3 long days.. starting at 09:00 a.m. and finishing at 08:00 p.m.! I’m soooo excited…

Hey – sorry about the ‘messy bed’… I just couldn’t wait to try on my new outfit so the parcel packaging is all over the bed!

I love this new cream top with the black edging and zip detail and it looks fab with my cream jacket… all from Kaleidoscope (they are my favourite ‘on line’ fashion retailer).. Clearly the zip can be ‘pulled up’ to reduce cleavage if you were wearing it for work or pulled down slightly further to reveal a bit of cleavage for a night on the Town… (My motto –  if you’ve got it flaunt it – while you still can!), I’m making the most of it before my skin gets too crepe! And even when it is too crepe, I may just take the philosophy of….

img_1918

This top will be so versatile and I’ll be able to use it for ‘work and play’.. With a black jacket it will be a ‘smart’ classic office top and the cream jacket just adds a bit of evening glamour – what do you think?

I love the detail on this cream jacket with the lace panel insert…

img_2540

For a change of top to wear at the EVENT, I decided on a new ‘easy wear’ black top which I can pair  with the same ‘charcoal’ trousers… or I may take the black trousers that I wore in Cheltenham for a change. (reminder.. bag weight to a minimummm) The new black top has long sleeves so I’d be comfortable to just wear the top without a jacket. Do you think that will make up for inclusion of the extra trousers?

img_2206

Either way, I love this top. It covers the ‘batwings’…. yikes, whilst enhancing the ‘boobs’ and he voile/lace pattern at the top ‘glams’ it up slightly – Perfect in my book!

Again, this black top can be dressed up with some ‘glitzy’ jewellery and some funky shoes or boots for a night out or worn plain throughout the day…

So now I’m REALLY Excited… just in case you couldn’t tell.. I’m building up to the event, listening to the motivational downloads  (see below) and now my outfits are sorted… Bring it on!!!

If you want to read more about Andy’s event, I’ve put a link to his website below.. I heard him speak recently at a 1 day seminar in Manchester – an introduction into the art of public speaking and he was great! I’m also working through the personal development MP3 downloads which for an incredibly low price of only £7.00 are absolutely fabulous and really helping me to focus on ‘new beginnings’…

If you ever get the chance to attend one of his events, my advice is to take it! I’ll let you know more about my trip to the Capital City after THE EVENT!..

Andy Harrington: Power To Achieve Event Feb 10th – 12th at the Hilton Metropole Hotel in London: https://inspwr.isrefer.com/go/passion/a15974

This is an affiliate link however, genuinely I would recommend it and it’s FREE!

36 Comments Add yours

1. You look really great in the cream jacket and top. Enjoy your workshop. X

Liked by 2 people

Thanks Brigid – how kind! I can’t wait for the boost of inspiration! x

2. victorialise says:

Love your outfit choices! Classics with a punch!

Liked by 2 people

Thanks so much Victoria! I like that line .. classic with a punch! fab.. x

1. victorialise says:

Have so much fun! xx

1. Wendy says:

Thankyou! I’m so looking forward to it.. It will be a full on 3 day inspiration boost! xx

Liked by 1 person

3. Wow, you look glamorous! Black & white looks never go wrong. Rock them, Wendy!😍👍🏻 xx

Liked by 2 people

1. Wendy says:

Thank you! I don’t think the ‘delivery man’ thought the same when he had to witness the ‘unmade up face’! haha -I’m really lookig forward to the trip though.. x

Liked by 1 person

4. You look lovely 🙂 love the trousers, easy to dress up or down. Great post and I hope you enjoy the workshop 🙂 xx

Liked by 2 people

1. Wendy says:

Aww – thanks Samantha – I suspect it’s going to be a great few days.. Can’t wait x

5. girlvestors says:

This was cute! You look beautiful with or without makeup.

Liked by 2 people

1. Wendy says:

Aww – thank you – that’s a lovely thing to say.. I’m not sure the delivery man would agree though.. haha xx

6. Poetpas says:

Looking the part Wendy 😘

1. Wendy says:

Yay – thanks Mr P.. I’m looking forward to next week and 3 days of full on inspiration! Hope you have a lovely weekend.. xx

1. Poetpas says:

Thank you, I will. I’m in Man this weekend with my chick so all good 🙂 Enjoy your weekend too 🙂

Brilliant – Enjoy your trip as I’m sure you will! xx

Liked by 1 person

7. Looking fab… nice choice for the event .. have a good time in london.

Thanks Bella – I’m really looking forward to it… Can’t wait! x

8. karenlee says:

Wonderful! You look great. Your killer looks will knock ’em dead; enjoy your weekend. 🙂

1. Wendy says:

Aww – thanks Karen… what a lovely comment! I hope you’re having a fab weekend too! x

9. Miriam says:

Wendy you look absolutely dressed to impress and I love your outfits. Both the details in the cream top and the black shirt are gorgeous. How absolutely exciting for you. I bet you’re counting down the days. xo 😊

1. Wendy says:

I ABSOLUTELY AM… if for no other reason than to get away from the ‘kitchen disaster’… haha! Poor hubby though will be left ‘home alone’ to carry on the clear up! ….. oops! haha x Oh and – thanks for the lovely comments about the outfits! x

1. Miriam says:

He’ll probably move in next door while you’re gone! Then again, you might come home and find your new dream kitchen miraculously installed! xo Well, we can dream can’t we? 😊

1. Wendy says:

Haha – they say Dream Big Miriam! I’m busy ‘visualising’ and adding perfect kitcen pics to my Vision Board…
          My sister would soon ‘kick him back’ if he got his hammer out and started knocking chunks out of her wall.. we always talked about putting a door between our 2 houses! haha x

1. Miriam says:

Yep, you’re most probably right Wendy. Well, keep posting those perfect kitchen pics then. Might be the only way. Haha xo

2. Wendy says:

Yep – never give up on you dreams… perseverance is key…. or so they say! x

3. Miriam says:

You’re so right. ❤️

4. Wendy says:

It’s already working… my mother in law has just rung me with an offer of some £help toward the new doors that are now needed!! That’s a first! x

5. Miriam says:

Oh, that’s fantastic Wendy. xo

6. Wendy says:

Law of Attraction… working it’s magic! As always .. in unexpected ways… xx

2. Wendy says:

My sister would soon kick him back home if he started taking chunks out of her wall – unless he creates a ‘door’ between our 2 houses.. yep that’s a good shout.. next project!! x

10. cherylfoston says:

You are so girly! I LOVE IT! Love your vanity!

1. Wendy says:

Yay!! Thanks Cheryl. After years of wearing black work suits, I’m finally enjoying wearing clothes that reflect me.. xx