What’s Your Life Mantra for 2017?

What’s Your Life Mantra for 2017?

Victoria from https://victorialise.com/ recently wrote a beautiful comment on one of my posts in which she said my blog would continue to:

“Blossom with Brilliance”

I love that phrase – it captures what I hope my Vision Board can help me to focus on and achieve this year and is going to be my ‘mantra for my blogging journey throughout 2017’…

I started my blogging journey in March 2016 after taking a break from work to focus on my health following a diagnosis of Diabetes.. (read my journey so far … How to be Positive about a ‘Positive Diabetes Diagnosis! When I started out, I knew nothing about the ‘blogosphere’ but wow what a journey it has turned out to be.

I’ve made some wonderful connections and learned so much about the wider world through the blog posts and photographs from some wonderful bloggers who inspire me to continue my blogging journey…

However, the phrase ‘Blossom With Brilliance’ also reflects my general LIFE VISION too. I believe that 2017 is going to be filled with new experiences as I continue to peel away the ‘protective’ layers and open those petals to hopefully ‘Blossom With Brilliance’ and reveal my personal ‘Brilliance Within’… https://brilliancewithin.com/2016/04/28/reveal-brilliance-within/

I’m therefore going to use this as my ‘Life Mantra’ for 2017 as a reminder to keep working on overcoming my fears and taking on new challenges so that the petals keep peeling back and I can live a life aligned to my core values…

blossomwith-brilliance

What’s your Life Mantra for 2017? I’d love to know and ‘be inspired’..

1. February 3, 2017 / 3:50 pm

A wonderful 2017 mantra – impossible to say without shining with joy! Today, reading another blog, I have adopted TODAY as my one word resolution. So often rushing in thoughts about future project, things to be done or worrying about past events, this suits me perfectly to see TODAY as gift, present! ?

• February 3, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Ooo that’s brilliant Annika.. Yes – living and enjoying today … Perfect! I hope ‘today’ was fabulous for you… Have a wonderful weekend too. x

2. January 12, 2017 / 9:50 am

A better health, better mind in a better world!!

• January 12, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Well that’s a brilliant Mantra for yourself and the world Sumith.. Let’s keep hoping and sending out positive ripples .. you never know where they may land to make a difference.. xx

3. January 10, 2017 / 9:21 pm

You are a beautiful soul! I wish you peace, perfect health and happiness for this year! Glad to know you through WP 🙂

• January 10, 2017 / 11:46 pm

How lovely – what a beautiful comment which has sprinkled a little magical sparkle on my evening! Thankyou and it’s lovely to meet you too. I just feel so privileged to meet some amazing and talented people through my blogging journey .. You are one I’m proud to meet! x

4. January 10, 2017 / 5:45 pm

This is wonderful Wendy! This must be the new blog! I am looking through everything there is so much to see. My Mantra is “Be.” (Be the person that you’d want to hang out with.)

• January 10, 2017 / 11:49 pm

Oh love that one – and I love hanging out with you! ‘Be’… yep that’s so simple yet so lovely! It’s not my new blog but I did change the header for the new year.. New start with new colours… xx

5. January 10, 2017 / 3:11 pm

I just love how fitting that mantra is for you and your blog! I would say that is what you have done from the very beginning. The words look so nice on the photo you made!

• January 11, 2017 / 12:12 am

Awwww – thanks so much Victoria.. You are such a lovely person – honest and with beautiful values that shine from your blog. I’m so pleased to have met you and thank you for giving me this lovely mantra that I will be looking at daily!! Much love and sending you a big hug! xx

6. January 10, 2017 / 10:55 am

What a brilliant mantra for the year ahead Wendy. I have such a wonderful feeling for you. For me it’s all a work in progress as I get my head around forging a new purpose and direction. I made some great inroads into my vision board today but still feel like there’s something’s missing. Can’t quite put my finger on it but I’ll get there. And I’ll find my mantra. Hugs my friend xo

• January 10, 2017 / 11:58 pm

You can borrow my new mantra.. Blossom With Brilliance.. When the bud first comes out the petals are wrapped tightly to protect the beauty within.. As you unwrap each petal, you’ll be closer to finding that missing picture on your Vision Board… Hey – I’m definitely ‘work in progress’ haha! So glad your enjoying creating your new Vision Board and don’t forget to pop it somewhere where you look at it each day! Hugs returned with love x

• January 11, 2017 / 12:44 am

Thanks Wendy. Oh how I loved that description of blossoming with brilliance… unwrapping those petals, mm that’s how I’m feeling lately but it’s oh so tentative. Thank you my lovely friend, my board making has been fraught with distractions. xo

• January 11, 2017 / 8:37 am

That’s clearly how it’s meant to be right now.. maybe the board is keeping some space for the ‘right thing’ to be added.. One petal at a time… xx

• January 11, 2017 / 9:51 am

I really think it is … I can feel it. Something’s missing but I’m not rushing it it pushing it. I figure it will come and unfold, as you said, one petal at s time. Thanks for the encouragement and support Wendy. xo

• January 11, 2017 / 9:54 am

You’re welcome Miriam.. I can feel it in ‘my waters’ as my grandma used to say.. the brilliance inside is just waiting for the right time to reveal itself.. X

• January 11, 2017 / 11:00 am

Hope so, I really do. xo

• January 11, 2017 / 12:49 pm

So do I Miriam.. xx

7. January 10, 2017 / 5:51 am

great topic! mine is to have fun – happy 2017 to all 🙂

• January 10, 2017 / 11:55 pm

Well there’s not too much better than that one Daal… where would we be if we couldn’t have ‘fun’! Love It and I wish you Lots and lots of fun in 2017! xx

8. January 10, 2017 / 5:30 am

Blossom with Brilliance – beautiful, Wendy! <3
    Mine are two:

Shine my Light
    Experience Living Love

🙂 🙂 🙂 Blessings, Debbie

• January 10, 2017 / 11:54 pm

Oooo love those Debbie .. blossom with brilliance and shine my light definitely pair well together! x

• January 11, 2017 / 8:28 am

Side by side Debbie.. Have a brilliant day! x

9. January 9, 2017 / 9:51 pm

This year mine is “Stay focused, stay sparkly.” I hate that feeling of losing my sparkle and once I lose focus on one aspect of life is like a domino affect on the whole of my life. So this year I’m going to stay focused, keep going and stay sparkly.

• January 10, 2017 / 1:07 am

Staying focussed and sparkling – Wow – I love it! You’re so right – the domino effect is a killer once it starts so well done you for keeping those dominos upright! And of course.. a bit of sparkle is a must if you’re revealing your ‘Brilliance Within’! xx

10. January 9, 2017 / 9:37 pm

I love this idea and the comments you’ve received. We’ve all faced hardships, and while this may sound a bit negative, I have been trying to keep the following thought close by: You can become bitter, or better. It’s like that chocolate bar up there…I refuse to let past slights best me. 🙂

• January 10, 2017 / 1:04 am

Oh Karen – I love that ‘bitter or better’…. I’m hoping that after the meeting I’ve got to have with work tomorrow that I’ll be feeling ‘better not bitter’ and I’ll be keeping this one in mind! Very much appreciated and good for you – Love it!x

11. January 9, 2017 / 2:14 pm

Stay on course. That’s been it for me since I did my Whole30 and went Paleo. Sometimes it’s easy, while other times, it is not. Just last night, a dark chocolate bar was staring me in the face for a few hours. I stared back, sometimes really just wanting to eat it, but in the end, I won. It’s still there, set to fight me again later today. But I will win again. I’ve been winning for the past fifteen months, and I’m not about to give in to a chocolate bar. lol.

• January 10, 2017 / 1:01 am

Keeping focus is so important… although I have to admit I’ve not been quite as good as you as I have submitted to the very odd and very dark chocolate bar… You’ve got a great mantra there Mr PM… Well done you for resisting – I’m inspired! x

• January 10, 2017 / 1:02 am

Thank you! Dark chocolate is my kryptonite. Lol

• January 10, 2017 / 1:07 am

You and me both.. Yikes x

12. January 9, 2017 / 1:41 pm

What a wonderful mantra …. I have many because I am an indecisive and terribly discursive girl but the one I will share with you here is ‘you can if you will’ … its served me well in recent years not just for myself but for my babies too ? xx

• January 10, 2017 / 12:57 am

oH YEP… Love that one Osyth.. I’ll be thinking of that one tomorrow.. Thanks so much for sharing it with me too now! xx

13. January 9, 2017 / 12:50 pm

My focus has been in gratitude for the last 3 years. It is an act of cultivation as well as the vision for my life. I seek to be grateful for something, even if it is just for hot running water, or indoor plumbing. ?
    Cheers to Blossoming with Brilliance.

• January 9, 2017 / 1:03 pm

That’s such a lovely way to think Wendy.. So often we take the basic things in our lifes for granted.. until we don’t have them and then we truly appreciate how important and valuable they are.. I’ll take that tip on board and think about those things with gratitude too! Much appreciated xx

• January 9, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Ooo i say thanks everyday for a hot bath, bed, all the day to day stuff …i am grateful

• January 10, 2017 / 1:02 am

Yes – we don’t always appreciate the small things until they aren’t there! x

14. January 9, 2017 / 11:13 am

I am walking into 2017 , with the feeling , well it is a feeling I have had for may be 3 years. The word is BALANCE-HARMONY-PEACE-STABILITY-CONSISTENCY

• January 9, 2017 / 11:14 am

Basically i want have trying to be these things for the whole year ..but never quite make it. But keep trying

• January 9, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Ooo those are lovely… and I wish you the very best and hope this is the year you achieve those wonderful things.. xx

• January 9, 2017 / 1:53 pm

ooo thanks – boy do need your blessing… been trying for a few years

• January 10, 2017 / 12:58 am

As my mum used to tell me Bella… “if at first you don’t succeed, try try try again”. Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all….Well done for persevering and I believe you’ll definitely get there in the end! xx

15. January 9, 2017 / 10:25 am

Beautiful post Wendy and loved your lines Blossom with Brilliance, too good and it is good to be all the time positive and not to live in fear. Fear is all in the mind. My mantra is Life Loves U and live by it and make others Happy. Loved the pics. too.

• January 12, 2017 / 8:34 pm

Hi
      So sorry for the delayed response… All your comments were sent to my Spam box.. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments which I very much appreciate! xx