Fashion: How Age Is No Barrier To Wearing Bright Colours says Manchester Lifestyle Blogger

Over the years, I’ve often included a ‘red coat’ as part of my winter wardrobe ‘must have’ items. A red coat is a great ‘capsule’ piece as it is so versatile and can be worn over virtually every colour.

As we age, it’s easy to slip into wearing colours that make us blend into the background….

img_1278-3

This Manchester Lifestyle Blogger  decides that she’s going to wear colours that lift her mood and instead of ‘blending in’, at the age of 56, it’s time to stand out in a crowd with this lovely red coat! What do you think?

I really love the gold zip detail on this red coat and I think this lovely scarf that I bought in M&S a few years ago adds a bit of ‘sparkle’ to the outfit for a great evening look… (I wish they still made this scarf a it’s getting ‘worn out’ and I’ve never seen one as nice since..).

As a bonus, it also matches my red lipstick… How Do You Like My New Red Lipstick?

TIME TO GRAB A BARGAIN!!

This fabulous coat is from Kaleidoscope which is one of my favourite ‘on line’ shop. I purchased it at the original price of £79.00 but if you want to grab a bargain, I noticed that it is now reduced by 50% to just £39.00

(No Affiliation or Payment – just an honest review!)

Watch out for future post featuring this great little party dress too….. (also from Kaleidoscope and sent with my order by mistake….obviously meant to be!)

Do you have a ‘red coat’ in your wardrobe? Let me know in the comments below…

1. January 20, 2017 / 5:13 pm

I have this very day bought a red coat to replace my very worn out black coat. I absolutely love it already and cannot fail to be cheered by this bright stand out colour. I am usually a pink or purple fan so I was worried I’d have nothing to wear with it. What do you think?!

• January 20, 2017 / 6:56 pm

It sounds absolutely fabulous! I like pink and purple too but there is definitely something about red that helps you ‘stand out from the crowd’.. I’ve just come back from a few days away and I wore my red coat every time we went out and received several compliments. I’m sure you’ll love it! xx

2. December 3, 2016 / 7:48 pm

You look fabulous! Now I need to go out and find myself a red winter coat! Love, love, love this post.

• December 3, 2016 / 7:50 pm

Brilliant Rebecca – I really don’t think you can beat a red coat to give you a real ‘confidence boost’! Happy hunting! x

3. November 27, 2016 / 11:16 am

I most certainly do have a red coat in my wardrobe! I would never think about wearing a red anything back in The Bahamas except on Valentines. But since moving to Scotland, I refused to blend into the background of black and grey 😉

• November 27, 2016 / 5:34 pm

Good for you Etta! I’m glad to know we’re both standing proud and standing out from the crowd! Fab xx

4. November 25, 2016 / 1:00 pm

Yes, yes, yes I do. Oh, we could go out as red twins Wendy! I love my red coat, it always makes me feel sassy when I wear it. You look awesome on yours. 😊 xo

• November 25, 2016 / 1:11 pm

It’s a date! haha…. I’m betting you look incredibly ‘sassy’ in yours too! Glad you like it Miriam… I paid double so ordered another one at half price and sent it back so it was a bargain at £39.. x

• November 25, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Whoah, that’s a great price. x

• November 26, 2016 / 12:06 am

I know – I ‘bagged a bargain’ – it’s really good fabric too so should last a good while! x

• November 26, 2016 / 7:54 am

Fantastic!

• November 26, 2016 / 7:59 am

xx

5. November 23, 2016 / 3:31 pm

Fabulous! My mother had a red coat when I was growing up … mid-calf and shawl collared I used to think she was the most glamorous mum at the school gates. This started an obsession with red coats that has manifested itself sporadically over the years …. you remind me that it might just be time for another! By the way, I have a pair of shoes exactly like those (mine were Top Shop many years ago and I absolutely love them …. ). Xx

• November 23, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Ooo – go for it Osyth! I bet you’ll look really glam just like your mum! It was my mum who started me with the red coat obsession – she looked fab in that colour too! My shoes are from Moda in Pelle and were a birthday present off hubby last year – they are the ‘cow hide’ (sort of furry) and I love them too! Enjoy the rest of your week! x

• November 23, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Oh the real shoes! Mine are cheap fakes but I still love them! Our mums taught us well, I think 🙂 xx

• November 23, 2016 / 9:43 pm

I love Top Shop shoes too and you’re right – we had good style icons to learn from… x

• November 23, 2016 / 11:26 pm

I might write a piece about the first time I visited Top Shop Oxford Circus with 5 kids on a Sunday thinking it would be relaxed one day! xx

• November 23, 2016 / 11:29 pm

Haha Osyth… I remember my very first visit to the Oxford Circus Top Shop Too – It was about 1974/5 and I went on a school trip to London and we had 2 hours to visit some ‘historic sites’ on our own… NOPE – we headed straight to Oxford St and the new Top Shop store – They didn’t even have one in Manchester at that time and we couldn’t believe our eyes! Memories – Thankyou!! That would be a great post – Top Shop and 5 kids – NOPE! x

6. November 23, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Wow! Wendy you look amazing. I’m telling you, you’re getting younger each day.

• November 23, 2016 / 7:31 pm

Ahhh – thanks Trav – I wish!! Did you see the post on the ‘wrinkles’ following the DIY beauty mask failure – I’ve never put so much oil and moisturiser on my face so maybe that’s the secret after all! haha.. x

• November 23, 2016 / 8:50 pm

You’re doing well Wendy. 😊

• November 23, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Thanks Trav! x

7. November 23, 2016 / 12:04 pm

You look gorgeous in that red coat Wendy 🙂

• November 23, 2016 / 12:11 pm

Thanks so much Arlene – I’m really glad you like the ‘look’… Much appreciated! x

8. November 23, 2016 / 10:56 am

You look smashing. Red suits you. You’ll stand out in the black of Salford lol. I don’t own a red coat btw 😉

• November 23, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Haha – maybe you need to buy one!! We can be ‘twins’… Who’ve you changed your face to this time Mr PPP!!

• November 23, 2016 / 12:38 pm

No that color red only suits women lol. Randall Patrick McMurphy is the name ma’am, or RPM in short 🙂

• November 23, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Ahhh Randal Patrick McMurphy – sounds a bit ‘Irish’ to me so maybe I’ll have to call you Poet PaddyPas in future to match the picture.. So what’s your favourite colour if you can’t see yourself in ‘red’?

• November 23, 2016 / 8:50 pm

He is a character out of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest lol, Jack Nicholson. Black is my favourite color although black, and white, aren’t colours technically 😊

• November 23, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Oh yes – I loved that film – I can see it now! I went to see that film with my dad in the 1975 with my dad… memories! You’re right black and white aren’t colours but they are pretty smart! (obviously with a splash of red!!)

• November 23, 2016 / 10:24 pm

It’s my all time favorite movie. I took Psychology in high school where we discussed it. I have it on DVD and can virtually recite the whole script out of my head lol 🙂

• November 23, 2016 / 10:25 pm

I didn’t study it at school but have watched it many times over the years and I always see something new in it! Great Minds.. Or Mad Ones.. think alike! x

• November 23, 2016 / 10:27 pm

In my case great, yours would be mad haha. Just kidding lol X

• November 23, 2016 / 10:58 pm

Haha! Cheeky Mr P x

9. PaperPuff
    November 23, 2016 / 8:44 am

Red really suits you! I like to wear colour but don’t possess much red. Probably because as a kid with very red hair I was never bought any red clothes and I guess the habit stuck. But actually I think redheads definitely CAN wear it and look great!

• November 23, 2016 / 8:49 am

Oh Absolutely – I think Red looks fab on red heads! Go for it girl.. xx

10. November 23, 2016 / 7:55 am

Rocking the red coat 🙂
    I tend to avoid red, being blonde…makes me look like a rotting tomato…love the scarf accessory too. Great post! xx

• November 23, 2016 / 8:35 am

Thanks Samantha – I don’t believe for one second that you look like a rotting tomato!!! hhahaha xx

11. November 23, 2016 / 7:09 am

Exactamundo! I too have a red coat. I bought it at a resale shop. It does have a certain flair, and the color is suitable to flaunt your look in a very fashionable way. You’re doing it right now. Your scarf and multi-colored shoes get three stars from me too!!!

• November 23, 2016 / 8:37 am

Brilliant Jen – I bet you look amazing in your red coat and it’s amazing what fantastic buys you can get in the resale shops! I love that scarf but it is getting a bit worse for wear close up.. Have a brilliant day xx

• November 23, 2016 / 8:48 am

I suspect that scarf is one of your favorites. I hope you wear it out until it begs to be binned, ’cause it’s got character!

• November 23, 2016 / 8:50 am

It absolutely is Jen as it brightens up whatever outfit I wear it with – looks fab with black and grey and has got that bit of ‘bling’ which is an ‘essential’ in my wardrobe! I keep looking but haven’t found one to compare yet… I may end up making one myself at this rate! xx

12. November 23, 2016 / 7:07 am

I opened my reader early today as I could not sleep, and there you were in your red coat! It looks great on you Wendy. I let go of a red coat last winter but I am looking for a new one…

• November 23, 2016 / 8:40 am

Oh yikes – that’s a bit of a shock in the early hours of the morning Brigid! I hope it didn’t stop you falling back to sleep or give you nightmares – haha! Take a look at Kaleidoscope – they’ve got some great coat reductions and also if you have access to Wallis – they’ve got 30% off coats.. Good luck with the hunt! x

• November 23, 2016 / 8:48 am

I’m on a ‘school run’ this morning. My younger granddaughter had her tonsils out yesterday bless her so I’ve got my older one sleeping over… About to start the ‘mad dash’ to get ready.. Have a brilliant day! x

• November 24, 2016 / 1:15 am

Nice and great shoes ..i had a red coat at university..long thing … oh i wore it solidly for two or more years

• November 24, 2016 / 1:18 am

I’m glad you like the coat Bella – I’ve also had a few red coats that have been longer as well over the years. I bet you wowed your uni friends with that coat! x

• November 24, 2016 / 1:26 am

Little red riding hood..lol.. i loved it..but then i went right of it after a year or two of work and just cant buy red anymore. I have a blue/grey coat noow had it for years and of course a black one which is well worn. You cant sleep? I just randomily woke up

• November 24, 2016 / 1:37 am

haha – What you need is a ‘red scarf’ to go with the black coat! xx

• November 24, 2016 / 10:56 am

I bet you look good in it too! x