Tuesday Tidy Up

I’ve been driven mad recently by the untidy state of my paperwork  and not being able to lay my hands on anything important when I need it…(possibly too much time blogging.. cough cough!!)

This was particularly highlighted when I was broken into a few weeks ago and had to go on a hunt through the house to try and pull together old receipts etc. It took forever and in ‘hunting’ I managed to create even more havoc than before (although some who know me may say that this wasn’t possible!!!).

So, inspired by Pamela and her blog https://beeorganizedwithpamela.com, I decided a dramatic makeover of my non existent filing system was required and now I’m feeling pretty smug… (Pamela’s just posted a really helpful post about the need to keep your computer desktop tidy.. some info I wasn’t aware of – worth checking out!)

‘SMUG’….With good cause you may say ………

But I just can’t deceive you…. so here’s my confession….

img_0874

This is one of my other cupboards and is more typical of the rest than my new filing system….

Oh yes – and then there’s the Meter man who called this morning to take the readings on my gas and electric meters… He left a bit disgruntled as he had to wait several minutes while I cleared the cupboard so he could actually see the meters!

I’ll keep reading Pamela’s posts and who knows – one of these days the magic of ‘reading’ the posts may result in some further ‘Action’ being taken…

I dream of a tidy house …….. but hang on, I’ve just remembered…..

a-goal-without-a-plan-is-just-a-wish-3

Back to the drawing board – it’s time for this Manchester Lifestyle Blogger to reveal some Brilliance Within my house!!!!

5 Steps to Create Your ‘Focus’ Vision Board …. and then some ACTION

Where’s the rubber gloves???

1. October 21, 2016 / 3:52 am

Hey Wendy, I have to admit it, I have a room/cupboard that resembles yours! Now that it’s spring here I really need to get onto that spring cleaning and decluttering, so I can find a few things again!! 🙂 Great post, made me smile.

• October 21, 2016 / 9:28 am

And if I’m really honest… I’ve got a few more cupboards and corners that also look like this.. Yep time for a pre-Xmas clear up… ! Clearing that paperwork was REALLY satisfying… xx

• October 21, 2016 / 10:08 am

I bet it was. Creating new energies is always good. xo

• October 21, 2016 / 10:55 am

Absolutely! x

2. October 20, 2016 / 2:26 pm

What a great quotation!

As for the untidy part, at least you have something cleaned up- you have to start somewhere!

• October 20, 2016 / 3:41 pm

I couldn’t agree more re: quote – it’s one of my favourites.. and you’re right – its a step in the right direction and I’m a great believer in ‘chunking it down’ – a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! x

3. October 19, 2016 / 10:42 am

true thing cup board, paperwork, and goals are might interesting factors of this organiaed post

• October 19, 2016 / 3:50 pm

Thanks so much.. Yes I’m definitely setting some goals to sort my ‘cupboard’ out! haha xx

4. October 19, 2016 / 10:29 am

Definitely A****’s ! Fab xx

5. October 19, 2016 / 9:18 am

Look at you!! Bravo. I’m really in need of organizing paperwork… But, I did work on all those toy piles today!! 🎉🎉

• October 19, 2016 / 9:24 am

I KNOW!!! How satisfying… Although to be fair I was looking for a hospital appointment letter (just a follow up) yesterday and smugly went to the folder labelled ‘health’ .. no letter! I think I must have thrown it away in the ‘clear up’ haha… not quite as organised as I thought. Those plastic popper folders are brilliant though and I just wrote the labels in permanent market pen straight onto the plastic and it dried pretty instantly! Well done to you for clearing those toy piles – I’m impressed!! Yee Haa to us both.. As you can see by the cupboard though I’ve got a ‘LOT’ more work to do. Have a brilliant day xx

• October 19, 2016 / 9:28 am

Ha ha!! I give us A’s for effort. The toy room and foyer are STILL clean, and my dining room saw daylight from all those toy piles being sorted today. 🙂

• October 19, 2016 / 3:50 pm

A***’s definitely! xx

6. October 19, 2016 / 2:19 am

Oh Wendy I love this! Congrats on getting organized, and I love that you showed a cupboard that’s still a work in – um – progress! Like it shows that it’s ok not to be perfect and the humanity of our process 🙂
    Many blessings and hugs,
    Debbie

• October 19, 2016 / 8:32 am

Ahhh – thanks so much Debbie that’s lovely. Yes it’s easy to show everything in our ‘blog life’ as perfect but in my case… oops as you can see the reality is somewhat different! Thanks for appreciating my imperfections… as you say ‘human’! Angel Blessings returned to you with love! x

7. October 19, 2016 / 12:12 am

I’ve got a bee in my bonnet right now, cleaning and organizing. Have to say I’ve gone over to the dark side and have few actual papers these days…most of the notebooks I dug up have been tossed out. Letters and family heirloom papers? Now that’s a horse of another color (and, no, you can’t see inside my cupboards). 😉 Great idea, tho. 🙂

• October 19, 2016 / 1:41 am

Did I not mention I have magical powers and eyes in the back of my head… I can see through cupboard doors … even when they are thousands of miles away!!! Do you think the ‘cleaning bug’ is catching… Maybe it’s in the water.. xx

8. October 18, 2016 / 11:49 pm

Tsk Tsk. You think that’s bad, you ought to see my work shop. Got you beat, girl. Been looking for a pair of neon orange handled pliers for 2 years. They’re in the mess somewhere.

• October 19, 2016 / 1:43 am

haha – I’m glad I’m not the only one Larry… Not sure I’m going to relinquish my crown to you just yet though.. that cupboard was the ‘tip of the iceberg’ – I just didn’t want to give beeorganisedwithpamela a real heart attack!! haha xx

9. October 18, 2016 / 10:03 pm

I’m guilty of doing the same. I start off keeping things tidy but then I get side tracked and find myself starting over again… 😬🙂

• October 18, 2016 / 11:25 pm

Thanks for making me feel better about my messy habit – I’m glad I’m not alone! x

10. October 18, 2016 / 7:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I love this. I think I’ll have to reblog it. 🐝

• October 18, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Ahh – thanks Pamela that’s brilliant and glad you enjoyed the post seeing as you inspired it! Much appreciated.. xx

11. October 18, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Hmm …I wonder why this came my way today 😉 …thanks for your post reminding me to get to some of my drawers and papers 🙂

• October 18, 2016 / 11:26 pm

HAha – sometimes we get the messages we need to hear!! I’m just glad I’m not alone in my messiness! x

12. October 18, 2016 / 5:43 pm

oh paper work, I go through fits of being super organised and piles waiting to be dealt with. I am sure you feel great that you getting on top of the mess.

Congrats for starting – I know it a big ole job. life long ole job.. lol

• October 18, 2016 / 11:32 pm

You’re right Bella – I think for me particularly it will be a lifelong job as there is usually something much more interesting to distract me… like reading one of your blog posts!! haha… I think I’m in ‘denial’ about who is responsible for my mess.. hehe.. xx

13. October 18, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Pamela is wonderful and I love her blog!! I love being organised, it does make life so much more straightforward 🙂 x

• October 18, 2016 / 5:28 pm

As you can see from my cupboard Samantha I’ve got a ‘way to go’!! haha xx Pamela’s blog is amazing though – very inspiring! x

• October 18, 2016 / 5:33 pm

That’s the tip of the iceberg!! – I’m on a ‘get organised’ mission! haha.. I blame it on my mum (oh yikes – I’m sure I posted something previously on ‘taking responsibility’.. BUT – my mum was OCD about cleaning etc. so I think I went the opposite way. (well I’m not ‘dirty’ just ‘messy’.. ) xx

14. October 18, 2016 / 5:05 pm

I’m a little (actually a lottle) OCD so I get extremely agitated if things aren’t in the right place. This would all be fine if i wasn’t also intrinscially chaotic. I’m off to check out Pamela but before I do I must PS that I adore those spotty do-dahs you have got for filing xx

• October 18, 2016 / 5:31 pm

Oh thanks so much – I know the spotty poppers are fab aren’t they. £2.00 for a pack of 3 so it cost me about £20.00 and well worth every penny! My mum was OCD with tidying and so I think I went the opposite way.. I’m on a mission to improve! Thanks for reading and commenting – very much appreciated xx

• October 18, 2016 / 5:52 pm

Haha – my mum was a shopaholic and I am phobic of shops (great here with all the gigantic malls – I get anxious in the carparks!) … always a pleasure to read your posts xx

• October 18, 2016 / 11:30 pm

Haha – genuinely laughing.. sorry but have this picture of you now in the shopping malls… What you need is a hypnotherapist… (did I mention I’m one!!)… I think I need some self hypnosis to help me become a tidier person! I’m glad you enjoyed the post – thanks! x

• October 19, 2016 / 5:28 pm

It is laughable, that’s for sure. I do need a hypnotherapist (and no, I didn’t know you were one) except that I think my husband would refuse to pay since if I get over this affliction his wallet will take a hit!!! x

• October 20, 2016 / 5:28 pm

Haha – I can see your husband’s point here!! Sorry about the delayed response .. for some reason you ended up in my spam box.. xx

• October 20, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Apparently WordPress stick you in spam if you make too many responses. How rude and futile is that? After all isn’t the point of this forum that we connect! I feel a Mrs Angry of Toadswallop letter coming on!!!

• October 20, 2016 / 5:54 pm

Oh gosh – I didn’t know that! Yikes – I’m glad I’m not on the receiving end of Mrs Angry of Toadswallop !!! hilarious.. xx