I’m honoured to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award – thanks very much to https://lairaiwrites.wordpress.com/. Do pop across to Laira’s blog and check out her varied writings..
So here are the rules:
- Show the Award on your blog
- Thanks the person who nominated you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 Bloggers
Now I’m happy to rise to the challenge apart from the last rule – Nominations…. With the last couple of challenges I’ve taken up, I felt that I was putting my fellow bloggers ‘under pressure’ when I nominated them or I found that they’d already completed the challenge. It’s made me a bit uncomfortable with nominating others…
How do others feel about this – is it just me?
My solution is to be a bit ‘rebellious’ and rather than nominate 10 bloggers, I’d rather throw this open and ask for ‘volunteers’ – Anybody who is interested in completing this challenge please let me know and I’ll then nominate you accordingly.
It’s not that I can’t think of 10 versatile bloggers – I certainly can – it’s just that I know there have been a lot of award nominations going around so I really don’t want to bombard…
I hope this is ok – let me know what you think?…..
So finally for the 7 things about myself:
- I love the principles behind ‘The Secret’ and ‘Law of Attraction’ and recognise that behind the ‘magic’ is a solid principle i.e. when you open your mind up to new possibilities you actually notice opportunities that otherwise would simply have passed you by as they were in your ‘periphery vision’ rather than within your ‘tunnel vision’.. Take your blinkers off and you never know what you may suddenly notice…..
- I’m a ‘Nanni’ to my 2 adorable granddaughters and I’m very fortunate that they live close by which enables me to spend lots of time with them.. as you will notice from some of my posts!
- I have what some may describe as a ‘naughty’ sense of humour and I have been known to play some pretty cheeky practical jokes on friends, colleagues and family… Like the time I worked night shifts in an Emergency Service Control Room and scared one of my colleagues nearly to death – (well he turned as white as a ghost anyway) by recording lots of scary noises and setting them on a timer to play back, while he was taking a break in his ‘rest room’ (we worked a 15 hour night shift and had a 2 hour break half way through the shift in which we were able to catch 40 winks if it wasn’t busy)… I’d hidden the tape recorder away and taped down the light switches and various other little touches. I’ve never laughed so much at the sight of his glowing white face when he ran back into the control room – he genuinely believed that the rest room was haunted!! – oops – naughty!!!!!
- I love writing poems but my inspiration for these comes in ‘fits and starts’ so I’m not a ‘consistent’ writer.
- I love reading fiction but tend to limit reading fiction to my ‘holidays’ as between holidays, I get absorbed in reading books about personal development and NLP etc. aiming to expand my knowledge in this area and to improve my ability to help others in my work as a hypnotherapist.
- I started dating my husband (yep showing my age now – ‘dates’ = dated language – it could have been worse – I could’ve said ‘courting’…) 40 years ago – Yikes that’s a scary fact – where have those years gone…?
- My mum was a big influence on my life and I didn’t always appreciate all the ‘advice’ she gave me when she was alive but I realise now how ‘wise’ she really was. We can learn a lot from the older people in our lives if we actually take the time to listen…
So there you have it – I think I’ve covered the rules (apart from Rule 4)! Thanks again to Laira Writes for nominating me and if anybody reading this post would like the opportunity to complete this award please drop me a comment and I will nominate you accordingly!