Forward is Forward

20160713_113103-1

(Beautiful card made by my talented daughter-in-law Jenny)

I’m a great believer in setting ambitious targets and stretching the boundaries in the workplace but when it comes to my personal dreams and ambitions, I am sometimes a bit slower off the mark. I make excuses: “I’ve not had enough time” is usually a favourite… Then there’s the “I don’t know enough yet – I need to learn more first…” – yes I’ve had this belief that I had to be Perfect before I start the journey …

What I’ve learned over recent years is that it is all about perspective and how we think about our progress:

• What may seem quick for some, will feel slow for others
  • What may seem possible for one may seem impossible for another

It can be easy to lose motivation and give up on your dream at this point….

And I’ll admit it (don’t tell my hubby as I RARELY admit to being wrong…) but this time my belief that I had to be PERFECT before starting was indeed wrong and now I know without doubt that YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE PERFECT AT SOMETHING BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE A START!!!

The key though is not to be put off or feel disheartened when you’re not getting there as quickly as you would like, – sometimes, patience can be a virtue! What’s critical is to keep taking a further step even when it feels you are falling behind.

For some, it may feel like one step forward and two steps back and it feels ‘impossible’. At this point it’s essential that you dig a bit deeper:-

• Remind yourself what you’re aiming toward and what the benefits of getting there will be for you.
  • Remind yourself of how achieving your goal will make you feel and write it down again… and again… and again….
  • Have another look at your VISION BOARD 5 Steps to Create Your ‘Focus’ Vision Board as a further reminder of what you are aiming for.

There will be some obstacles to overcome along the route – some you can climb over and some you have to detour around.

• Ask yourself again “How Can I Achieve This?” and you will find that the answer will materialise.

DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM or GOAL JUST BECAUSE IT’S NOT HAPPENING FAST ENOUGH!

• Set yourself some smaller ‘milestones’ along the way – that way you will feel that you are moving closer to the ultimate goal as you remember to ‘stop and smell the roses’ along the route!
  • Take time to reward yourself as you meet each one of these ‘mini goals’ along your journey.

FORWARD IS FORWARD!

Remember – “A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step”

Each step you take regardless of how quickly, takes you a step closer to your dream…

And always CELEBRATE your success when you cross the finish line so that your motivated to start moving toward your next goal! x

Jpeg

CELEBRATE SUCCESS

• July 17, 2016 / 10:41 am

Thanks so much – I’m delighted that you like it! My lovely daughter in law Jenny drew the card and hopefully will be doing some more so keep an eye out.. Have a great day xx

• Wendy
      Author
      July 14, 2016 / 3:19 pm

Oooo – now I’m intrigued and excited – off for a peep… x

• Wendy
      Author
      July 14, 2016 / 3:19 pm

Thank you I’m so glad you enjoyed it! x

1. July 14, 2016 / 9:35 am

Beautiful message!!! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. True, patience, effort and motivation are the key😊All my life I had failures one after another. Still keeping in hope, that day hasn’t come for you yet. Thanks for this post Wendy.

• Wendy
      Author
      July 14, 2016 / 10:06 am

Hi Sumith, As it is well known, Thomas Eddison tried thousands of times in his quest to invent the lightbulb. He was later asked – why he didn’t give up after failing so many times… His reply was: “I didn’t fail, I learned each time how not to do it the next time”… I doubt you’ve ‘failed’ Sumith you’re just learning lots of lessons along your journey through life! Take care and keep trying. My mum always used to say: “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again…” – a great motto! x

• Wendy
          Author
          July 14, 2016 / 12:07 pm

And continuing action.. x

2. July 14, 2016 / 6:54 am

Brilliant post and so true! Very motivational too and I loved the card!

• Wendy
      Author
      July 14, 2016 / 6:56 am

Fabulous – I’m so glad you liked this post and card as there is a special background to it (which I can’t post yet but hopefully will in time..) It means a lot x

• Wendy
      Author
      July 13, 2016 / 6:20 pm

So glad you like it Pamela – it’s got a bit of a sad but inspiring tale behind it.. I’ll probably post something in due course.. x

3. July 13, 2016 / 4:02 pm

What a beautiful card, perfect for this post! :o)

• Wendy
      Author
      July 13, 2016 / 6:18 pm

Thanks – I loved it too when I saw it and was immediately inspired to write the post.. Much appreciated! x

• Wendy
      Author
      July 13, 2016 / 3:06 pm

I’m so pleased it’s given you a message that you needed – it’s funny isn’t it how things arrive just when you really do need them.. I love the card too and there is a real depth to the inspiration behind this card which I can’t post on at the moment but may be able to in future.. I hope you’re ok? Take Care and I send you Angels Blessings.. xx

4. July 13, 2016 / 2:50 pm

That is a beautiful message and card. Great Post. Love your thoughts and advice.

• Wendy
      Author
      July 13, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Ahh – thanks so much. There is a very sad yet inspirational story which I may post about in the future.. not for now though! Your kind words are doubly appreciated.. x