So following on from previous post How I created my first Vision Board Magic , do you know what you want your life to look like?
Are you trapped in the rat race of working long hours, getting home late, slobbing out in front of the TV?
Or maybe you just feel like there is something more to life?….
Well Vision Boarding can really help you to start living a more fulfilled life. Let your imagination go and you may be surprised where it takes you….
We start off as children knowing what makes us feel good, having our dreams, using our imagination and somewhere along the line we often begin to limit ourselves when parents tell us we ‘have to be realistic’ or teachers tell us to ‘stop dreaming and focus on what you need to do’.
Many of us become conditioned to limit our expectations and our imaginations, which then reflects in our lives which are limited by our belief that we have to be ‘realistic’ ‘sensible’ ‘grown up’ etc.
Sometimes it’s hard to set goals when you’re not sure what it is you want, so in today’s post I’m going to tell you about the first kind of Vision Board i.e. THE DREAM BOARD…
Maybe you’ve been stuck in your rut for so long, you’ve forgotten what makes you feel good or maybe you’ve never really been sure what it is you want in life but you know deep inside you want life to be more than it is?
Ok – if that’s the case, the Dream Vision Board is a great way to help you re-inspire your imagination and create a future full of new possibilities.
You will need:
- A large piece of thin card or heavy paper – I use A3 size and I also have an A3 folder that I use to keep them in.
- Some glue and some appealing stickers (I decorated my folder and also add the stickers onto my vision board – I use glittery ones…)
- Some coloured felt tip pens – I like to have some silver and gold ink pens (I did say on my Blog Site Welcome Page that I like glitz…)
- A bundle of old magazines/brochures – I use some of the glossy magazines as these tend to have some beautiful pictures in them and some travel brochures, car brochures or pictures printed from the internet can also be good.
That’s it – now all you need is to create some space in your life to sit down, relax and enjoy creating your dream vision board magic…
- It’s simple – first look through the magazines/brochures – scroll through the pages quickly and look at the pictures/headings/positive words – which one’s jump out of the page – what do you notice that give you a good feeling when you see them?
- Imagine that you can do/ be/ have anything you desire – let your imagination go wild and as soon as you see a picture or word that attracts you, cut it out and stick it on your Vision Board – it doesn’t matter whether you believe it’s possible to have these things or not, the idea is to inspire you to start creating the life of your dreams..
- Be Brave – cut out the pictures that you love that seem beyond your wildest dreams!
- Once you’ve cut out and stuck some pictures and inspirational words on your Dream Board, you can add to this by using the coloured pens to write out some sentences of things that you already know you would love to have e.g. Your ambitions, goals, dream job, perfect income – THINK BIG!
- Use your stickers and pens to decorate the Dream Board so that it’s appealing to you.This is an important step – the Board needs to make you feel great when you look at it. It’s there to inspire you so be creative!
Now stand back and have a look at where you’ve let yourself go, without the normal limitations that you place on your life. Doesn’t it make you feel great!!
- Look at your Dream Board every day – put it somewhere accessible. This is the Dream Vision for your life – don’t hide it away again – it’s been hiding inside you for far too long. This is a way of creating new possibilities and open your mind up to new ventures.
- By creating a Dream Board, your mind will start to align itself to the possibility that some of the ‘dreams’ are achievable. You start to notice opportunities that previously were outside of your conscious awareness and therefore they were missed.
- You can add to the Dream Board if you see something else that appeals to you – you’ll be surprised about what pops into your head or what you notice that makes you feel good now you have started to lift the lid on dreams you’ve buried away for so long…
- For now just enjoy looking at your Dream Board every day, think about what it would feel like to do or have some of the things you have added onto it – let yourself feel the inner happiness start to grow when you imagine these things.
The Dream Board is helping you to open your mind up to new possibilities and reminding you of some dreams you’ve buried because you were conditioned to believe that dreams are for children not grown ups….
Review your board every day and start to notice which of the words or pictures inspire you the most as we’ll start to use these on the next type of Vision Board – The FOCUS Board which I’ll post about soon. For now just enjoy your Dream Board every day…
Please – Post me a picture of your Dream Board or send me a comment to let me know how you get on.
I hope you enjoy creating your Dream Board as much as I did… Look back on my previous post (link above) to see what emerged….